Championing positive changes to protect our environment is close to our heart.
Curbing the use of disposable plastic bottles was one of our earliest projects as we began distributing free reusable water bottles for attendees of ISNA Canada’s Annual Convention and the month of Ramadan.
Reducing waste at our centers, especially during the month of Ramadan, remains a major concern. Establishing a special Green Team to manage waste is helping with standards and practices for reducing food wastage, using compostable plates and cutlery, reducing food portions through self-service and waste composting.
Play an active role to improve the environment by becoming an extended member of our Green team. You can join us to help with:
- Cutting down on the single-use plastic products we use.
- Traveling with a reusable water bottle when visiting our center.
- Carrying reusable shopping totes to avoid disposable plastic bags for prayers.
- Avoiding the use of styrofoam and other non-recyclable materials.
- Recycling to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators.
- Reducing the amount of physical printing and letter mailing.
- Switching off lights, when not in use.
We are taking steps to measure and consolidate past and present utility usage – and eventually this will help to identify potential energy and cost savings.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.