Transparency and Accountability Statement
To achieve our vision of “a community powered by youth”, we have implemented a number of policies, procedures and systems that we believe will earn us the trust of our community, donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
In the last few years we have used Imagine Canada guidelines as our benchmark for reviewing our financial, privacy, transparency and communication policies. As a result of this effort we have established the following:
- Improved the purchasing policy to ensure we maximize on the use of our funds and select the most optimal products and services both in cost and usability
- Strengthened the internal checks and balances for all financial transactions
- Implemented an open meeting policy allowing ISNA members to observe the board of directors’ meetings
- Established a process of posting our annual audited financial statements on our website.
- Introduced an ISNA listens system to capture and address community members’ ideas, suggestions and concerns
Guided by our value of excellence, we will continue to improve our policies and procedures to earn the trust of all our stakeholders and fulfill our mission of “Putting Faith Into Action”.